Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My First Submission!

Today I submitted my first submission! I decided to send my story about my grandfather and my connection with him later in life as I worked in the operating room- "Triple A". I decided to submit this piece to Chicken Soup for the Soul. It didn't fit any of their exact calls for submission, but none of my work did :) I thought it would be a good Chicken Soup piece because it is a touching story about second chances, at least perceived second chances. I think the nature of it would appeal to Chicken Soup readers.
I still want to submit my story about Clara- "Selectively Silent"- but I want to do some more work to it first. I think my spelling bee story may work, too :) Submit once and now I want to do more- and I haven't even gotten the rejection letter yet :) We'll see what happens...

No comments: